Madam de Stäel
On September 28th, 1858 at the Parisian Society of Spiritist Studies, the spirit of Madam Stäel, spontaneously and without being evoked communicated through the hand of Ms. E..., psychographic medium, leaving the following words:
“Living is suffering, yes, but won’t hope follow suffering? Hasn’t God placed a larger dose of hope in the hearts of the unfortunate? Child, pleasure and disappointment go along with birth but hope marches before that, by saying: Move on! Happiness waits at the end. God is merciful.
Why, ask the strong spirits, why do you come to teach us a new religion, when Christ had established the basis of such charity; of such certain a happiness? We do not wish to alter what the great reformer has taught. No. We came only to strengthen consciences and increase hopes.
The more civilized the world gets the more it should have confidence and even greater the need to sustain it. We don’t want to change the face of the Universe. We came to help to make it to become better. If we had not come to support man in this century, he would be really unhappy by the lack of confidence and hope.
Yes, we say to the wise man that reads others, seeks to know what is not important to you, and stays away from what is central to you. Open your eyes and do not despair. Don’t say that the nothingness can be possible, when deep in your heart you should feel otherwise. Come sit around this table and wait; you will be enlightened with respect to your future and you will be happy. Here there is bread to all. Spirit, you will improve; body, you will be fed; suffering, you will be diminished; hope, you will sprout and beautify the truth to make it supportable.
Note: The spirit referred to the table where the mediums were sitting.
- Ask and I will respond to your questions.
1. We were not waiting for your visit that is why we don’t have a prepared subject.
- I know very well that I cannot respond to special questions. There are, however, general things that can be asked even to a woman that had some spirit and now has a lot of heart!
At that point a lady who was present at the session kind of fainted but it was only with excitement and not painful at all. It was really pleasing to her. Someone offered to magnetize her, but then the spirit of Madam de Stäel spontaneously said:
- No. Leave her alone. Allow the influence to act upon her. Then, addressing the lady she said:
Be confident since a heart awakes by your side; she wishes to speak with you; the day will come... let us not precipitate emotions.
Then the spirit who was communicating through that lady, who was her sister, spontaneously wrote: “I will come back.”
Still addressing the lady, Madam de Stäel wrote:
- A word of consolation to a heart that suffers. Why these tears from a woman for her sister? Why does she go back to the past when all your thoughts should be addressed to the future? Your heart suffers; your soul has the need to go beyond. Then, may these tears be of relief, not produced by sorrow! She who loves you and for whom you cry is happy and venturous! Wait for that day when you shall be together. You don’t see her but for her there is no separation, since she can always be by your side.
2. Can you tell us what you presently think of your writings?
- One word only will clarify you: If I could return and restart, I would modify two thirds and keep only one.
3. Could you point out what is it that you disapprove?
- I am not very demanding; other writers will change whatever is unfair. I was too masculine for a woman.
4. What is the primary cause of such a virile character that you showed in life?
- That depends on the phase of our existence.
In the following session, on October 12th, the questions below were addressed to her through
Mr. D...., a psychographic medium:
5. The other day you came spontaneously through Ms. E... Could you tell us the reason that made you favor us with your presence, since we did not call you?
- The sympathy that I have towards all of you. It is also a duty imposed on my current existence or even better, my transient existence, since I am called to reincarnate: that is, by the way, the destiny of all spirits.
6. Is it more pleasant to you to come spontaneously or by evocation?
- I prefer to be evoked as it is a demonstration that you think of me, but also know that it is pleasing to a free spirit to come to talk with the spirit of man. That is why you should not be surprised that I suddenly came to your center.
7. Would there be any advantage in evoking rather than waiting for the spirits to come, out of their own initiative?
- By the evocation there is an objective. By allowing them to come there is a great risk of imperfect communication on several aspects, since the evil as well as the good spirits may come.
8. Have you already communicated in other centers?
- Yes but they made me show up more than I wanted. In other words, many times they have taken my name.
9. Could you kindly come sometimes to bring us your beautiful thoughts, that we would have the pleasure to reproduce for the general instruction?
- Gladly. I feel happy to be among those that seriously work on their instruction. My visit with you the other day is a proof of that.