Conversations from beyond the grave
Evocation – Ms. Clary D....
NOTE: Ms. Clary D... was an interesting girl, who died in 1850 at age 13, who has since then
become the genie of the family, where she is frequently evoked and where she gives a large number
of communications of the highest interest. The conversation we reproduce below occurred between
us on January 12th, 1857 through her brother, who is a medium.
1. Do you have precise memories of your corporeal existence?
─ The spirit sees the present, the past and some of the future, according to their perfection
and their proximity to God.
2. The condition of perfection is relative only to the future, or it also refers to the present and
─ The spirit sees the future more clearly as they get closer to God. After death, the soul sees
and embraces, at a glance, all past lives, but cannot see what God prepares.
For that we need to be fully in God, there are many existences.
3. Do you know when your reincarnation will be?
─ In l0 or 100 years.
4. On Earth or another world?
─ On another.
5. The world where you will be, compared to Earth, will have better conditions, same as on
Earth or inferior?
─ Much better than on Earth. One is happy over there.
6. Since you are here among us, are you in a particular place? Where?
─ I'm ethereal in appearance. I can say that my spirit itself extends much further. I see many
things and I transport myself far from here with the speed of thought.
My appearance is right by my brother’s side and guides his arm.
7. This ethereal body that dresses you up allows you to experience physical sensations, such
as heat and cold?
─ When I remember much of my body I feel a sort of impression, as when a blanket is
removed from you and, for some time, you still keep the sensation that you have it on.
8. You said you can move with the speed of thought. Isn’t the thought the soul itself, which
detaches from its covering?
9. When your thoughts move to a given region, how does the separation of the soul take
─ The appearance vanishes. The thought goes alone.
10. Is it therefore a faculty that stands out, the actual “being” stays put?
─ The form is not the being.
11. But how does this thought act? Is it not always through matter?
12. When your thinking faculty stands out, don’t you act then by means of matter?
─ The shadow fades away and reproduces wherever the thought may guide it.
13. Considering that you were only 13 years old when your body died, how can you give us
answers beyond the reach of a child of that age, about such abstract questions?
─ My soul is very old!
14. Among your previous existences can you mention one in which you had raised your
─ I was in the body of a man who I made a virtuoso. After his death I was in the body of a
girl whose face stamped my own soul. God rewards me.
15. Could we be allowed to see you here as you are now?
─ You could.
16. How could that be? It depends on us, on you or on those closest to you?
─ On you.
17. Which conditions should we satisfy to obtain that?
─ You need to be secluded for some time, with faith and fervor; you need to be in a
small group; you need some isolation and a medium like Home.