Dr Muhr *
- I am here.
2. Would you kindly tell us where you are?
- I am wondering.
3. Has your death occurred on June 4th of this year?
- No, of last year.
4. Do you remember your friend, Mr. Jobard?
- Yes, I am frequently by his side.
5. When I transmit your answer to him, he will be pleased since he speaks highly of you.
- I know. He is one of my most sympathetic spirits.
6. What did you think about gnomes during your life?
- I supposed they were capable of materializing and assuming fantastic forms.
7. Do you still believe in that?
- More than ever. Now I am sure. But gnome is a word too much related to magic. Now I prefer to say spirit instead of gnome.
NOTE: During his life, he believed in the spirits and their manifestations. He just called them gnomes whereas now he prefers the generic denomination of spirits.
8. Do you still believe, that the spirits, which during your life you called gnomes, can take fantastic material forms?
- Yes, but I know this does not always happen as some people could go crazy if they saw the appearances that those can take.
9. Which appearances would that be?
- Of animals, of devils.
10. A tangible, material appearance or just appearance, like in dreams and visions?
- A little more material than in dreams. The apparitions that could scare us cannot be tangible. God would not allow it.
11. The apparition of the spirit of Bergzabern, under the form of man or animal, could be of such a nature?
- Yes, it is of that kind.
NOTE: We don’t know if during his life he admitted that the spirits could take a tangible form but it is evident that now he refers to the vaporous form of the intangible apparitions.
12. Do you believe that you are going to reincarnate in Jupiter?
- I will go to a planet that is not like Jupiter yet.
13. Is it your own choice that takes you to a world inferior to Jupiter or is it because you still do not deserve to go to that planet?
- I prefer to believe that I don’t deserve it and need to accomplish a mission in a less advanced world. I know I will reach perfection and that is why I prefer modesty.
Note: This answer is a demonstration of the superiority of that spirit and it is in agreement with what Father Ambrose says: there is more merit in requesting a mission in an inferior world than to wish to advance too much in a superior world.
14. Mr. Jobard wishes to know if you were happy with the eulogy that he wrote to you.
- Jobard gave me demonstration of sympathy by writing this eulogy. I am thankful and wish that the picture, which were somehow exaggerated, that he painted about my virtues and skills may serve as an example to those of you who follow the path of progress.
15. Considering that you were a homeopathic physician, what do you think about homeopathy now?
- Homeopathy is the beginning of the discovery of the latent fluids. But other discoveries equally precious will happen and will form a harmonious whole that will lead your globe to perfection.
16. How do you evaluate your book Le Medecin du Peuple (The People’s Doctor)
- It is the worker’s stone carried to the construction yard.
Note: The answer that the spirit gave about homeopathy supports the idea of the latent fluids, already given by the spirit of Mr. Badet about his photographed image. ** As it seems there are fluids whose properties are unknown to us or go unnoticed, since its action is not ostensive although not less real. Humanity shall be enlightened along the way by the new knowledge of its properties, made available by the circumstances.
* He is thought to be a very elevated spirit. He was a homeopathic physician, a true spiritist apostle. He died on June 4th, 1857 in Cairo. He should be in Jupiter, evoked by the request of Mr. Jobard (see Spiritist Magazine, last July, reference made in a letter from Mr. Jobard dated June 22nd, 1858, in the section Correspondence). The difference in the writing is in the original. However, the Muhr form seems more adequate.
** See Spiritist Magazine, July issue.